Why is a photography assistant so important to a wedding day?
Photography literally means the art of painting with light. Sometimes the existing light is gorgeous and I will work with natural light. Often, it’s not the most flattering. An assistant helps me sculpt the light in a natural, beautiful and often dramatic way.
• First dance
• Receptions with a window behind the bridal table
• A sunset shot when you want pretty light on you with all the colour of a gorgeous sky
• Night shots for both backlighting and front lighting
• Dark receptions with dark walls.
And there’s more:
Besides the big lighting factor, my assistant also helps me:
• Organise family formals
• Move gear quickly
• Set up lights
• Parking the car if needed, so I can keep moving
• Find missing family members, hold wedding dress train, bouquets. And lots of other random jobs that help our bride and groom have a smoother running day.
So why an assistant?
My assistant is a huge benefit to our wedding photography coverage. It allows me to push your wedding photos to the next level and quickly light in the most flattering way.